Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Application: Diesel and gas engine-generator test cell.
To Test engines with direct drive and remote radiators requiring up to 180,000 cfm. of air movement. Engine-generator power ratings to 2.5 mw.
The radiator fans to be used to provide cooling of the radiator space, and to include a recirculation system for operation with cold atmospheric temperatures. The air pressure in the test cell space to be negative.
The total pressure loss of the ventilation system not to exceed the normal working range of the radiator fans.
The engine exhaust gas system to have a method of connecting to the many different sizes and styles of engine connections.
An external SCR is used, which is to be by passed, as required, to minimize pressure loss in the exhaust gas system.
The design sound level criteria was required to satisfy both in plant and environmental considerations.
- Designed, engineered and manufactured by NVC Olsonfab
- Ventilation air inlet - Roof mounted, vertical down airflow. NVC Olsonfab rectangular silencer with upstream weather hood and downstream control dampers.
- Ventilation air discharge - Wall located, horizontal airflow. NVC Olsonfab rectangular silencer with upstream plenum incorporating air recirculation system complete with control dampers, inlet opening for radiator connection and downstream weather louvers.
- Connection of multiple sizes and styles of radiators. NVC Olsonfab conceived a design using multiple, sliding, bi-fold steel panels and seals to provide effective sealing of the discharge plenum to any size and style of radiator, with a minimum of set up time. This system was manufactured and tested in our facility.
- Engine exhaust gas system - Consists of inside cell collector duct, diverter valve to by-pass the SCR, by pass stack, primary exhaust stack, SCR support structure, exhaust stacks support structures, expansion joints and duct rollers.