Standby, Prime and Peaking Power; and Cogeneration (CHP) and Reciprocating engine, Generator Enclosures, Silencing Systems and Complete Packages.
NVC Olsonfab has focused on understanding how reciprocating engine generator sets produce noise and vibration, the relative contributions of the various sources. How it is propagated, and how it can be controlled using the most cost effective solutions.
The growth of installations in highly populated areas together with the rising costs of real estate makes it necessary to be able to reduce noise levels to meet the lowest environmental sound level criteria. At NVC Olsonfab, we have the know-how to achieve this. We can supply individual silencing components or a complete silencing package for your project.
- For diesel oil, gas and dual fuel engines
- For standby; prime and peaking power; and cogeneration (CHP) units.
- For indoor and outdoor applications
- For Switch gear
- For electrical buildings
Features & Benefits
- Complete turnkey factory pre-assembled, site assembled, modular packages, and knockdown panel systems.
- Drop over, close fitting, walk-in and modified ISO container styles
- Trailer mounted, transportable units
- Designs for extreme heat (desert) and extreme cold (arctic) environments
- Design options include:
- Sub base and free standing fuel tanks
- Engine exhaust silencing systems and stacks including emission test ports, access platforms, ladders, lightning protection, aviation lights and helical strakes.
- Innovative, sound attenuated combustion air, radiator air and ventilation air inlet and discharge including acoustic louvers.
- Fire detection, alarm and suppression systems
- Electrical services
- Enclosure heating and cooling
- Designs for > 55 dBA overall noise reduction
- Acoustic modeling and testing to ensure compliance with design sound level criteria.
- Accessories: Stairs, access platforms, entry / egress shelters.
- Materials: Stainless steel, galvanized steel, aluminum (light weight), galvanneal, custom paint & coatings.