Location: The Bruce Peninsula. SW Ontario. Canada
Application: Emergency power. 2.0 MW. oil fuelled, reciprocating engine – generator, noise controlled package for nuclear power plant.
- The design parameters and included equipment required an over length, over width, over weight design that was split into modules to limit shipping sizes and weight.
- Required design was for a vertical down inlet air flow and horizontal air discharge with air recirculation capability.
- The exterior of the unit was to be clad to match other buildings on site.
- The design sound level criteria was 85 dBA at 1m (3.3 ft.)
Scope of Work
Equipment supplied to and by NVC Olsonfab – installed, wired and piped, including supply of wiring and piping, by NVC Olsonfab.
- Engine-generator-radiator-vibration isolators
- Breaker control and master control cabinet
- Plant interface panel
- Ventilation interface panel
- Engine exhaust system
- Inergen fire detection and suppression system
- 120v and 24v distribution panels
- Neutral grounding resistor and grounding of structure
- Electrical step down transformer
- Internal, external, and emergency lighting
- Power receptacles
- 24v fast acting ventilation damper operators
- Thermostat controlled air exhausters
- Battery racks and batteries – some with high tracing
- Battery charger and charger control panel
- Racor fuel filter
NVC Olsonfab provided client witnessed operational testing at our Cornwall facility. Even though the package was split into modules to limit shipping sizes and weight, the largest module required an escorted, low bed trailer with steerable rear wheels. Engineered Solutions
The specification of the noise controlled package as designed and manufactured by NVC Olsonfab:
- Enclosure size – 67 ft. long, 14 ft. wide, 13 ft. high
- Roof mounted air intake plenum and silencer
- Horizontal air discharge with silencer and air recirculation capability
- Massive steel structural base with (6) six position lifting
- Weather protection lobbies with platforms, steps, and hand rails at each personnel door.
- Internal engine exhaust silencer with external, enclosure roof supported stack.
- Thermally insulated engine exhaust components
- Enclosure walls and roof. NVC Olsonfab Quietwall sound reducing panels with external cladding.