Heavy Duty Gaseous Fan Silencers
All of the gaseous flow silencers designed and manufactured by NVC Olsonfab are passive designs. They do not require any electrical or mechanical stimulation to function. They’re simply a static, trouble free means of attenuating noise by converting sound energy to miniscule quantities of heat. Passive designs generally provide broadband noise attenuation.
Active noise control devices, which usually consist of electronically controlled microprocessors, loud speakers, and microphones, are a method of reducing unwanted sound by the addition of a second sound specifically designed to cancel the source sound. Present designs are only effective for narrow band, low frequency sound generally below 250-300 Hz.
The broadband noise attenuation of the passive designs is generally always required for a practical cost effective solution.
Typical Applications in Plant and Environmental
- Mechanical draft fans, centrifugal, axial, propeller and exhauster types.
- Wind tunnels, coolers, radiators, cooling towers
- HVAC Systems
- Emission control systems, scrubbers, precipitators
- Engine test cells
- TEFC and more electric motors
- Engine-generator power house ventilation systems
- Engine-compressor building ventilation systems
Features & Benefits
- Rectangular, circular, evasé, stack / duct and acoustic louvre insert designs
- Aerodynamic and acoustical designs for low pressure loss, low self-generated noise and high insertion loss values.
- Standard and custom sizes and designs to provide almost limitless matching of aerodynamic and acoustic requirements for the ultimate cost effective solution.
- Packless stay clean designs for dirty flow applications
- Removable, replaceable acoustic media for hostile environment
- Satisfies rigorous mechanical, thermal, acoustic and aerodynamic performance requirements.
- Materials: galvanized steel, aluminum, stainless steel, carbon steel, corten, hot dipped galvanized over carbon steel, and plastics.
- Available accessories include:
- Weather protection hoods / cowls
- Inlet screens
- Mating flanges
- Access / inspection ports, doors and panels
- Mounting and support structures
- Inlet filters and housings
- Transition sections
- Ladders and access platforms